Dr. Tina Jung
Dr. Tina Jung, DDS, is a periodontist, a specialist in treating serious gum infections, replacing missing
teeth, and strengthening weak jaw bones. She plays a vital role in Wilshire Smile Studio’s reputation as a leading multi-specialty practice in Southern California.
After receiving her Doctor of Dental Surgery degree from the Columbia University College of Dental
Medicine in 2014, she spent three years at the University of California, San Francisco, to earn her Master of Science in Oral and Craniofacial Sciences.
She also served as a clinical assistant professor at UCSF 2018-2020 and in 2021 became a clinical instructor of periodontics at the University of California Los Angeles. In 2018, Dr. Jung also received the prestigious recognition of becoming a Diplomate of the American Board of Periodontology in 2018.
Before joining Wilshire Smile Studio, she delivered periodontal care for practices in the Bay Area with
10,000 patients, including complete smile makeovers. Among her advanced skills:
- Surgically placing implants in complex cases.
- All-on-4 implants, which can be a less expensive and quicker way to replace many missing teeth compared with individual implants.
- Bone grafting for those who lack enough jawbone to accept implants.
- Sinus bone augmentation.
- Gum grafting to add gum to areas where it has been lost due to infections.
- Crown lengthening when teeth do not appear long enough.
- Cosmetic periodontal surgery.
Dr. Jung speaks English, Spanish, and Korean.